The evolution is happening, and you can be at the forefront of it all. Join Walmart Connect and put our partners, expertise, and data to work for you.
Mattel – Barbie® and Hot Wheels® take off
January 01, 2021
In 2019, Mattel wanted to celebrate and build on the success of two of its most beloved franchises through live events at Walmart stores nationwide.
- Customer awareness
- Customer engagement
- Online and in-store sales
Always On omnichannel strategies for the Hot Wheels Legends Tour and the 60th-anniversary Barbie "Be Anything" Tour, with online ads linking Walmart customers to information about in-store tour dates and locations.
“We adjust to the evolution of physical retail and experiences."
— STEVE TOTZKE, CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER, MATTEL - FEBRUARY 2019
of expected first-month attendance
time until sellout of Barbie Careers dolls
first-weekend event attendance
net incremental impact in stores
|Timing||March - October 2019|
Across the web (select sites and social media)
|Tactics||Search Display (POVs)|
Individual brand landing pages with Zip Code event finder
For a successful omnichannel event:
- Amplify event visibility with a multichannel media strategy.
- Boost product sales with event-branded onsite ads.
- Include searchable informaiton in native display ads.
- Connect with shoppers based on their Walmart purchases, onsite behaviors, and demographic criteria.